I recently had a very good experience in transferring my vehicle from Noida to Pune.I purchased Honda Unicorn Motor Cycle in April 2009 in Noida. Because of some reasons I had to relocate to Pune.I was advised by many of my friends to sell off my vehicle in Noida rather than taking it to pune. But I brought my vehicle to pune.
Below is the detailed procedure to re-register the vehicle in pune:
1. Before moving your vehicle to other city get the NOC of that vehicle from RTO Office. In my case I got the NOC from Noida RTO. You need to fill Form 28(Available from Noida RTO) in triplicate with chassis imprint on each form. Submit the form. Pay the fees. You will get a letter from RTO office. Go and submit that letter in Commissioner Office Noida. After a week you will get NOC from commissioner office.
2. To start the process in Pune you need the following documents
- NOC from original state where vehicle belongs (in my case Noida U.P.). 2 copies original(There will be 2 copies of form 28 and 1 NOC Copy)
- RC book original, registration card
- Vehicle Insurance
- Invoice receipt – vehicle purchase dealer receipt
- Entry tax, in case when you bring the vehicle before 30 months of registration date.
- Address proof where you are staying currently with photo .Address proof affidavit on 100rs stamp paper. Rent agreement, Owner’s electricity bill
- Affidavit of non-stolen vehicle by registered owner
- Form. No 26, 27, 20, 33 & FT. You will get these forms free at RTO or download the forms from rtopune.org.
- Pencil chassis print – 5 original
- NOC from Police Commissioner Pune.
- Registration fee- 320
- 7 % for invoice cost as registration
3. Since my vehicle was the new one so I had to get the NOC from Sales Tax office (Located in front of Pune golf course) .This NOC is same as Entry tax. You need to submit photocopy of RC, insurance, NOC and address proof of pune. All these documents will be verified by Sales tax officer. Then you need to submit the documents. They will call you after 1 or 2 day and you will get the NOC.
4. Go to RTO office (Sangam Bridge).Get the Pune commissioner NOC letter from RTO office .Submit that letter along with address proof ,RC and your id card documents at Pune commissioner office(Sadhu vaswani Road) .All these documents will be submitted at reception. You will get an acknowledgement receipt. They will call you after a week to collect NOC.This is the easiest process in all.
5. Get the affidavit of Non Stolen vehicle from RTO office. There are many notaries over there. They will charge you around 100 or 150 Rupees for the same. You can also get Address proof affidavit on 100 Rupees stamp paper from them.
6. Fill in all the forms. Get chassis imprint on all the forms. Also take some 2 or 3 copies of chassis imprint on blank paper and keep it with you. There is always an option to either get chassis imprint on Forms or stick chassis imprint on Forms. If you face some problem while filling in the forms let me know.
7. Get all the documents attested by Notary. Get the brown paper folder from stationary shop in RTO office. Submit all the forms in RTO office. Officer will call you after 3 or 4 days to pay the tax and fees.
8. Go to RTO office after 3 days. Officer will return you the file. You need to get the tax evaluation done. After tax and fees evaluation, pay the tax and fees. Keep the original receipts along with you and carbon duplicate copy in the file. Go back to the same officer and submit that file. He will call you after 45 or 50 days.
Till Now the process took 2 weeks.Its not that every official is there to grab money. I found pune rto officials to be very cooperative.
That’s done .Now you can drive your vehicle in Pune freely…
After 50 days remember to take ncrb report to the RTO office.NCRB report is available from ncrb.nic.in.Executive there will return your file and will ask you to go alandi office for vehicle inspection.
I got my vehicle inspected at Alandi Office RTO and then submitted all the documents back to Main RTO office.
Executive there will ask you to come after 10 days and collect your Registration Certificate and New Number.
Finally After 10 days I got new Number and Registration Certificate.